onsdag 15 april 2015

Tropical background

A few nights ago I was playing around with distress stains on watercolor paper, just blending colours and mixing it up. Most of it turned the beautiful colour of mud and the only one I actually kept was this one, just plain ol' Barn door and nothing else. Then I stamped and clear embossed the gorgeous Tropical background from Hero Arts and covered it with a coat of Black soot. Afterwards I removed the embossing with an iron. 

Since I didn't have an actual plan I had been colouring on the textured side of the paper so the image didn't get the crisp stamping that I normally prefer and consequently my embossing was far from perfect. But you know what? I actually liked it!

The sentiment is from the April kit from Simon says stamp. More of that in days to come. 



Inga kommentarer: