lördag 28 mars 2015

Just add watercolor

Papers with built in resist and/or gold foil is nothing new under the sun nut for some reason I fell in love with the concept that Cosmo Cricket released this past CHA. I opted for the 8" paper pad which is a bit more on the romantic side than the 12" pad which has graphic images. 

For my first attempt I used distress ink pads and a waterbrush and chose the pattern that appealed to me the least. But as I was done coloring I really liked how it turned out so I die cut a bunch of feathers (from Memorybox) out of it and a word die from Lawn fawn in some gold foil. I mounted it all on some beige cardstock stamped with a linen stamp in the color Antique linen. (Lots of linen and stamps in that sentence!) I then realized I needed to pick up that gold shine some more and added a layer of the same gold foil underneath my stamped panel. Oh boy was it hard "wasting" all of that gold foil! That is normally for restrictive use only! But I like the way the card came out so I guess it wasn't a waste after all. And there's always more in the store it came from ... I hope. 



Thanks for stopping by!

Inga kommentarer: